Strategic Targets & Priority Areas
With the relation to the legislative and strategic framework and the SWOT analysis outlined in the previous section 4.1, each region / municipality should set strategic targets and priority areas to be pursued with regards to energy safety, competitiveness, economical, societal and environmental sustainability etc.
As an example of strategic targets following ones can be included (it is not an exhaustive list):
- Balanced local / regional energy mix
- Increasing of the energy efficiency in public buildings
- Infrastructure development (smart technologies)
- Support to research and development (involvement in international projects, further education…)
- Increasing the share of Renewable Energy Sources
- Increasing of energy safety and self-sufficiency (district heating systems, energy islands…)
- Improving the air quality
Upon the strategic targets the concrete priority areas should be identified in order to ensure meeting the strategic targets. Following ones might belong among them (it is not an exhaustive list):
- Support to energy managementin the organisations of the region / municipality
- Including organisation of bulk energy purchase, methodological supervision, introduction of ISO 50001 etc.
- Support to efficient energy usagein the region / municipality
- Including construction of zero energy demand buildings, decreasing energy demand of existing building with implementing targeted investment measures, support to increasing of the energy efficiency of heating sources including utilisation of district heating systems etc.
- Support to renewable energy sources(RES) and non-conventional sources of energy
- Searching for, support and implementation of concrete projects on RES utilisation and on-conventional and more effective sources of energy inside existing infrastructure
- Increasing safety and reliabilityof energy supply in the region / municipality
- Including planning of more safety in electricity and heating supply, development of relevant IT systems or active involvement in official regional crisis management bodies
- Awareness raising
- Including conferences, workshops and seminars promoting the EE financial roadmap as well as regional / local energy policy, educational campaigns, facilitation of cooperation between public and private sector etc.